Eötvös Collegium

2020. november 4. 09:00
A small street near Kálvin Square bears the name of Pál Gönczy, a writer on educational subjects and teacher at the Reformed Secondary School of Pest. In 1895 a small teacher training institute named after Gönczi's former ministerial superior, Count József Eötvös was opened here. At the time it was known as Csillag Street. Loránd Eötvös founded the College, and its first headteacher was Géza Bartoniek. They are the protagonists of the first 15 years of institution's history, but the small building where early students worked with their professors until 1911, was forgotten.