Ernő Tudós-Takács

2021. szeptember 1. 15:30
From 20 August, anyone can visit the rebuilt St. Stephen's Hall in the renewed south connecting wing of the Buda Castle. The beauty and uniqueness of the ballroom are enhanced by its special inlaid parquet flooring. But who created this unique flooring? Take a look at the work of the Neuschlosz Brothers.
2021. augusztus 12. 11:00
Among the outstanding applied arts companies of the age of dualism, Rudolf Kissling and his son played a significant role with their chandelier and bronze cast factory. Thanks to their artistic work, many of the public buildings built in this era were decorated with their chandeliers and other bronze objects. The original chandeliers of the St. Stephen's Hall in Buda Castle were also made by the Kissling Factory, and the works of applied art were re-created after a long research work.
2021. július 28. 11:30
At the turn of the century, Saint Emeric's Dormitory was established on a private initiative to alleviate the housing problems of Catholic students and college students, which later developed into a national network. The dormitory operated first in Irányi Street and then on Üllői Road. The Saint Emeric Dormitory in Pest finally found a permanent home under 43-45 Ráday Street in Ferencváros. The renowned dorm suffered from the period of the Hungarian Soviet Republic, but its nearly half-century-old history ended with the turn of the post-World War II era. The building still houses a dormitory.
2021. július 5. 09:30
Ornate public buildings and palaces were defining parts of the cityscape of Pest-Buda, which became a more and more civilized city and a metropolis. Róbert Scholtz, a decorative painter, played an important role in decorating many representative buildings, and his work is famous for, among other things, the St. Stephen's Hall, which was destroyed in 1945, but will soon be rebuilt.
2020. augusztus 22. 09:00
One of the symbols of Újpest, the town hall, which was inaugurated 120 years ago, on 21 August 1900, was designed by the outstanding architects of the age, Ármin Hegedűs and Henrik Böhm. Originally a town hall and then city hall from 1907, the historic building, which bears Art Nouveau features, is still in the service of the local population.